Welcome to Central Pointé Church of Christ
"Where Preaching, Power, Prayer & Praise is the Pointé"
Plan of Salvation
How does one become a member of the church of Christ?
In the salvation of man's soul there are two necessary parts: God's part and man's part. God's part is extremely significant, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8-9). The love which God felt for man led him to send Christ into the world to redeem man. The life and teaching of Jesus, the sacrifice on the cross, and the proclaiming of the gospel to men constitute God's part in salvation. Though God's part is extremely significant, man's part is also necessary if man is to reach heaven. Man must comply with the conditions of pardon which the Lord has announced. Man's part can clearly set forth in the following steps:
- Hear the Gospel. "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"(Romans 10:14).
- Believe. "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6).
- Repent of past sins. "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent"(Acts 17:30).
- Confess Jesus as Lord. "See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." (Acts 8:36-37).
- Be baptized for the remission of sins. "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."(Acts 2:38).
- Live a Christian life. "Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life" (Rev. 2:10).